An adjustable gym bench for the home gym can do wonders with the number of exercises you can perform, targeting a wide range of muscle groups and your week-long workouts. The bench is a boon for times when there are unprecedented lockdowns like those in the past or for the days you wish to squeeze in a tight workout if you do not have enough time at hand to spend at the gym.
A home gym bench offers a versatile setting that can be adjusted to a platform, a flat bench, a straight bench, an incline or a decline bench, and an upraised platform. You can do exercises that focus on your shoulders, triceps, back, quads, glutes, hamstrings, chest, and even some cardio with this foldable gym bench.
Here is a workout split you can incorporate using a workout bench for home:
Hip Thrusts (targeting glutes and hamstrings)
- Put the dumbbell on your hips on the platform bench and lie down in an inclined position on the adjustable weight bench.
- Keep your feet folded at a 90-degree angle from the ground, thrust your hips up, and squeeze on top before coming down again.
- Repeat 10 times, immediately follow with 10 pulses.
Flat Dumbbell Chest Press
- Adjust the home gym bench set to a raised platform and lie down on it with both feet on the ground on either side.
- Hold the dumbbells on each hand near your ears.
- Take a deep breath in and push them up to meet at the top, where you exhale.
- Bring it down again by your ears and repeat for 10 reps and 3 reps.
Incline Dumbbell Shoulder Press
- Set the adjustable weight bench to an inclined position by lifting the top part and adjusting it.
- Sit down with the dumbbells in both hands.
- In a similar motion to the flat dumbbell chest press, lift the weights from your ears to meet at the top and lower it down again.
- Repeat for 10 reps and 3 sets.
Renegade Back Rows
- Maintain the weight bench set on a raised platform position.
- Place the right knee on the platform with the left foot on the ground shoulder-width distance.
- Align the right palm on the platform with the right foot, lift the dumbbell off the floor with the left hand and bring your elbow back till your scapulas contract.
- Bring it back down again and repeat 10 reps before switching to the other side.
Use the adjustable bench press as an exercise step platform to do a cardio workout. Alternate the legs as you step up and down the platform and speed up when you catch the rhythm. This will give you a cardio sweat blast.
The Cube Club’s Stepper Bench is one of the best workout benches for home. You can adjust it to an elevated flat bench, an incline bench, or a seated bench. The surface is made of bubble texture which provides enormous grip and comes with a storage box. The quick lock adjustment allows you to switch quickly to different settings while you do the workout, and it comes with a free resistance tube to aid most of your workouts.