A hectic lifestyle can often mean your fitness goals sliding to the base of your priority list. But it doesn’t have to be so.
A adjustable gym bench can help you to elevate your fitness levels through step aerobics and other exercises. This versatile piece of equipment is great for strengthening your core and lower body. Aerobic step exercises can also help to keep your heart pumping.
The best part is that you can use an exercise step in the comfort of your home. What’s more, you can easily use this workout equipment even if you have no experience!
Let’s look at how you can incorporate an exercise step platform in your fitness routine to draw the benefits:
Raised Glute Bridges
- Lay on your back and place both feet on the step.
- Keep your hands at your side and ensure that the palms face upwards.
- Your glutes should be as close to the stepper platform as possible and your knees at a comfortable angle.
- Raise your hips by pushing through both feet.
- Then lower your hips to the starting position.
- Repeat this for 10 reps.
- Place your body in a plank position.
- Keep your hands on the ground and near the step.
- Walk your right hand and take it to the stepper bench.
- Walk back the right hand to its starting position.
- Repeat this sequence for 8 to 10 reps.
- Then lead the walk with the left hand and repeat for 8 to 10 reps.
Plank Step Jacks
- Keep your hands on the ground, under your shoulder.
- Position the stepper platform between your feet and keep your feet on the ground.
- Walk or jump your feet up on the stepper.
- Walk or jump your feet down to the starting position on the ground.
- Repeat for 8 to 10 reps.
Single-Leg Transverse Lunge
- Stand on the ground with the cross-activity bench stepper placed close by.
- Keep your left foot on the stepper. Your left leg must be straight.
- Put your weight on the right leg. Make a transverse lunge (keep the left leg straight while bending the right knee)
- Return to the starting position and repeat 8 to 10 reps.
- Repeat the whole sequence with the right foot.
- Place your body in the push-up position for the triceps. Your hands must be on the stepper under your shoulders and the knees on the ground.
- Bend your elbows to allow yourself the triceps push-up.
- Lower your body to a comfortable range.
- Retune to the starting position.
- Perform 6 to 8 reps.
- Place your right hand on the short end of the aerobic stepper exercise
- Put your left hand on the ground.
- Do a push-up.
- Switch the position of the hands so that now the right hand is on the ground and the left one on the step.
- Perform 8 to 10 reps.
Jump Up to Step Down
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart and stand on the ground near the long end of the stepper.
- Position yourself into an athletic ready stance.
- Do 1/3 squat and jump onto the bench. Both your feet must land on the bench.
- Step down.
- Continue for 30 seconds.
Forward and Backward Leap Frogs
- Stand on the ground with the adjustable aerobic stepper straddled between your feet.
- Put your hands on the step.
- Jump so that your feet go forward. Stand by maintaining the athletic stance.
- Put your hands on the stepper. Jump so that your feet go backwards.
- Perform for 30 seconds.
Fixed Lateral Bench Jumps
- Stand close to the stepper, facing its long end.
- Place your hands on the front corners of the stepper.
- Maintain your hands on the stepper while you jump your feet to the stepper’s other side.
- Jump to go back to the starting position.
- Continue to jump from side to side.
- Your hands must be on the stepper for the whole duration, and your back must remain flat.
- Repeat for 30 seconds.
Up and Overs
- Stand on the ground and place the stepper platform on your right side.
- Step on the platform with the help of your right foot.
- Step on the platform using your left foot.
- Step down your right foot to the ground on your left side. Do the same with the left foot.
- Continue to step up and over the stepper for 30 to 45 seconds.
The above-mentioned exercises can be done at home or the gym. An aerobic stepper workout bench is the only equipment needed for these exercises.
Since the aerobic stepper price range by The Cube Club is quite affordable, you can add this piece of equipment to your workout routine and jump-start your fitness goals today!