Getting active and healthy calls for a dedicated fitness routine as a part of one's daily chore. But ironically, about 20% of the people across the globe do not get enough of it each day. The primary reason for his neglect is lack of time. Even though most of us are aware and conscious about the effectiveness of having an exercise routine in our daily lives, the challenging and demanding work commitments hold us back from taking it up seriously.
As an answer and a substitute to hitting the gym every morning, HIIT, or the do-it-anywhere high-intensity interval training, or HIIT workout at home, comes as the best resort.
What is HIIT?
HIIT or high-intensity interval training is a technique in which you give in your 100% through quick, intense exercise bursts, with short recovery periods in between. This kind of high-intensity workout keeps your heart rate up and burns out more fat in a lesser duration. Moreover, you can start high-intensity workouts at home, or anywhere else, anytime, as you do not need any set-up for the same.
The benefits of HIIT exercises at home:
- they increase your metabolism
- they can burn a lot of calories in a short period
- they improve oxygen consumption
- they help in reducing heart rate and blood pressure
- they are quick and convenient to perform, anytime, anywhere
- there are no HIIT training equipment required for performing these
Some of the best HIIT workouts for fat loss at home are:
- Lay on your back, with your feet on the floor and your knees in a bent position
- Pull your head and back off the floor until you are sitting upright, keeping your core tight, using your abs.
- Your back should be perpendicular to the floor
- Now, pull in your abs slowly and come back to the start position
- Repeat this 50 times
- Stand with your feet spread apart to your shoulder width
- arms should be by your sides
- Bend your knees, ensuring they are in line with your feet
- Now, try sitting back in a quarter squat
- Hold this position, and perform a small jump landing back in your squat position
- Repeat this 40 times
- Sit on the yoga mat, touching your heels on the floor. You can keep it lifted for a more advanced effect
- Place your hands crossed on your chest
- Now, twist from side-to-side
Supermans with lateral raises
- Lift your legs and arms off the floor while lying on your stomach, on the floor
- stretch out your arms reaching straight in front
- Keep legs up, squeezing your back and glutes
- Now, pull your elbows down to your waist
- Return to the start position and repeat
- Get into a plank position
- Your hands should be on the ground, directly under your shoulder
- Your legs should be hip-width apart
- Now, keeping your elbows against the sides, try bending your elbows and lowering your entire body until it touches the ground.
- Ensure your body is in a straight line while doing this
- Return to the start position and repeat
Split jumps or jumping lunges
- Keeping your arms by your side, spread your feet hip-width apart
- Performing a small jump upwards, simultaneously move your right leg forward and left leg backward
- land in a lunge with right knee bent directly over your toes
- Ensure to keep the left knee bent directly in line with your hip
- Next, jump, and at the same time reverse the legs
- Repeat this 20 times
- Start in a high plank position. Your shoulders should be over the wrists
- Now, quickly drive each knee into the chest, one at a time, as if you are running
- Keep repeating for 15 counts each leg
- Facing towards the ceiling, lie down on the floor and get onto all fours
- Bend your knees 90 degrees over your toes, keeping your hands on the ground under your shoulders, and fingers facing forward
- Keep your back straight, so your core is parallel to the ground
- Now, keeping your elbows tucked in, bend them to lower your butt as close to the ground as you can get
- Push back up
- Repeat 10 times
- Start in a standing stance.
- Place your hands on the ground and jump your legs backward until they are fully extended, so you end up in a push-up position
- Now, jump your legs back towards your hands quickly
- Next, quickly stand up and jump with your hands raised towards the ceiling
- Repeat immediately as soon as you land the jump
- Lie on back with arms straight overhead.
- Crunch your legs into your chest while lifting back off the floor.
- Now, grab legs, balancing on your glutes.
- Return to starting position and repeat.
All the above bodyweight HIIT exercises can be practiced with a bit of space, with no HIIT workout equipment required. They are some of the best HIIT workouts for women, and even men, especially during these pandemic times when going out and hitting a gym may be risky and unsafe.